Who Can Benefit from Professional Teeth Whitening Treatment?
While there are many factors that can compromise the appearance of the smile, there are also a number of cosmetic dentistry treatments to enhance the beauty of the smile. This makes it easier than ever for patients to create the smile that they have always desired. One of the easiest and fastest ways to give the smile a boost is through teeth whitening treatment. Professional teeth whitening eliminates surface stains and brightens the color of the teeth by several shades, greatly enhancing the overall look of the smile. What’s even better is that this treatment is non-invasive, making just about all of our San Diego patients good teeth whitening candidates.
Is Teeth Whitening Right for Me?
So many patients have heard of the benefits of teeth whitening treatment and how effective it is in improving tooth color, yet many assume they are not ideal candidates for treatment. The truth is that professional teeth whitening treatment can benefit just about all of our patients. Below are some of the concerns frequently heard by Dr. Peter Hellwig, as well as answers to these concerns:
- My teeth have been stained a long time: Professional teeth whitening treatment works on even deep set stains. Whether your teeth have been stained for months or years, teeth whitening treatment will work to erase stains and improve tooth color.
- I can’t undergo invasive dental work: Professional teeth whitening treatment is non-invasive. Treatment does not require the use of any type of anesthesia. Effects are achieved through the topical application of a whitening gel and exposure to a special dental light.
- I’m worried about side effects: Teeth whitening treatment is safe and rarely results in side effects. While some patients may experience a slight increase in teeth sensitivity following treatment, this will last no more than a few days.
- I don’t have time to come in for treatment: Dr. Hellwig understands that each of his patients has obligations and time constraints. While in-office treatment can be completed in just about an hour, he also offers professional at-home treatment for those who cannot schedule in-office treatment.
- My teeth are unhealthy: It is important to care for the health of the teeth before teeth whitening treatment is performed. Dr. Hellwig is happy to provide patients with any necessary restorative dental work so that the teeth are healthy and ready for teeth whitening treatment.
- I can’t afford it: Teeth whitening treatment is one of the most affordable cosmetic dentistry treatments available. Many patients are pleasantly surprised to learn that the cost of teeth whitening treatment is lower than they had expected.
For patients looking to improve tooth color and enhance the appearance of the smile, professional teeth whitening treatment is likely the ideal option. If for any reason this is not the case, Dr. Hellwig will be happy to discuss alternative treatment options, such as dental bonding, porcelain veneers, and Snap-On Smile®.
Dr. Peter Hellwig and his team offer quality dental care in an environment that is comfortable and caring. If you are in need of general dentistry care, require restorative dental work, or would like to improve the appearance of your smile, we can help. Contact us at your earliest convenience to discuss your dental needs. We look forward to hearing from you!