A Personalized Smile Makeover Can Completely Transform Your Smile
Smile makeovers are customized treatment plans designed to help patients achieve their unique aesthetic goals. Whether your teeth are stained, chipped, cracked, or even worn-down or overly spaced, Dr. Peter Hellwig can help. Dr. Hellwig may suggest teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, or even Six Month Smiles® as a part of your plan. By collaborating closely, you can both design a treatment plan that works best for your schedule and budget. To start designing your smile makeover, contact our San Diego office today and schedule an appointment.
Your Personalized Treatment Plan
Smile makeovers are tailored to your unique goals. Before you can undergo cosmetic treatment, however, Dr. Hellwig will ensure your teeth and gums are free of decay and harmful bacteria. If you have reconstructive or general dentistry concerns, these will need to be addressed before your cosmetic procedures.
After you have discussed your specific goals, Dr. Hellwig will help you select the right procedures to achieve your desired results. To better plan your treatment, he will create a two-dimensional model of your mouth using photographs and digital x-rays. He can also fabricate a 3-D wax up that replicates what your smile will look like after treatment.
A smile makeover consists of two or more of our advanced cosmetic treatments, which include:
- Teeth whitening: Teeth whitening treatments use peroxide-based gel to chemically break apart stains on the surface of your teeth. Dr. Hellwig provides take-home and in-office whitening options so patients can select a treatment that best works for them.
- Porcelain veneers: Porcelain veneers are bonded to the front of your natural teeth, masking imperfections and creating a beautifully aligned, white smile. Veneers are a great option for patients with multiple aesthetic concerns, including staining, cracks, chips, and more.
- LUMINEERS®: LUMINEERS® are exceptionally thin porcelain veneers. This type of veneer usually requires minimal preparation to a patient's natural teeth before they are applied. LUMINEERS® are durable and have a successful track record of over 25 years.
- Six Month Smiles®: Six Month Smiles® are used to align a patient's teeth for cosmetic purposes only, meaning treatment can be completed in a short time. While they work much like traditional braces, Six Month Smiles® utilize clear brackets and tooth-colored wires, so treatment is more discreet, as well as much faster.
- Tooth Reshaping: If you are embarrassed by disproportionately large teeth, Dr. Hellwig can carefully reduce and reshape your teeth. For patients with too-small or worn teeth, Dr. Hellwig can also build up teeth using cosmetic bonding.
- Gum Recontouring: Excessive or uneven gum tissue can make your smile look crooked or too-small. Dr. Hellwig uses precision lasers to reshape patients' gum lines for more symmetrical, bright smiles.
Financing Your Smile Makeover
Dr. Hellwig believes that cosmetic treatment should be effective, efficient, and affordable. When creating your treatment plan, he will work with you to make sure your smile makeover fits within your budget. He also offers several flexible financing options, including CareCredit™, Springstone℠, and Citi® Health.
Enjoy a Stunning Smile
To learn more about smile makeovers and begin creating your personalized treatment plan, schedule your appointment with Dr. Hellwig today.